Thursday, July 10

Summer's Here, the Grass has Riz..

I've fallen out of practise in the blogfront - too tired, too busy, too drunk? Well, there a whole bushel of possible reasons I could make up. I just haven't gotten to it, suffice it to say. I have watched a few episodes of House and played too many computer games instead (confessions confessions!). Yes, the girls are keeping us busy. And yes, the weather is finally agreeing to some outdoor time. Yay, Summer!!

Noelle is all but sprinting in the house these days. She watches her little feet walking under her and has been speeding up the exercise to the point of light jogging.... before falling on her face. It's amusing yet causing me heartburn as I know what ALWAYS follows the foot watching (crash! waaah! Mommma!!). I know that she'll eventually stop crashing and that one day she won't cry when she topples, that's what keeps me riveted to the ritual everytime she does it.

Kyra has reached the "I can't" stage. Our helpless yet fully empowered toddler is suddenly overcome by inability! "I can't" is always the answer... She CAN'T find her stuffed elephant OR she can't put her socks on, which she so adamantly put on BY HERSELF for the past year. Suddenly she can't even wash her own hands! It's like she's suffered from some sort of stroke after turning 3. Aggravating? yes. Funny? At times. Will it pass? One can only hope.

Beam me up.