Well, I've made it back to the page - regardless of the recent critiques (my emotions have healed). It's one day post-due-date and there has been no new addition to our family as yet. Emotionally it's a tough thing to swallow but I should just get on with life like it was and continue to complain about aches & pains until labour or a surgeon rears its head to me. Sounds good.
I've also been doing some research into contractions and such. Braxton-Hicks (I wish they could think up a smaller name for them, it would be easier to type) contractions come & go by the dozen in an hour which spurred my recent thirst for knowledge. Anyway, there are no real answers out there for me other than - stop counting them and carry on with cleaning the fridge! (that's what one midwife said). So, I think that those are the wisest words I've heard and will do just that.. Although, my fridge is new and quite clean thank you. Perhaps I'll tackle the fur on top of the cupboards after shoveling the walk AGAIN...