Tuesday, February 19

Bee-Emm (disclaimer*this article may offend those with prudent outlooks and sensitive stomachs)

So, not the most eloquent of titles but apropos for today... I've decided that one of the most talked about topics for new parents and the least mentioned would be the poop situation. Let's face it, it's a pretty big part of our life on earth and up there in importance with, oh, say, a heart beat. So, obviously when it concerns our kids - we place a lot of emphasis on knowing what's going on at that business end - including colour, volume, texture, frequency and least on the list, smell. As your baby gets older, colour moves down on the list (with smell, for sure) and frequency becomes the all important indicator of a good day. And when I mean good day - for us - I mean everyone is HAPPY. I cannot believe just how much NOT having a poop affects the mood of this household! Today Noelle was a crotchety little *%$@ until well after inhaling at least a litre of assorted dinner foods, when, with a grunt and a red little face, the diaper was filled and a happy, gigglepot emerged - phew! And as timing IS everything her big sister couldn't sit still, do anything without pouting or even eat dinner - that is - until a trip to loo was involved. Then I watched the beautiful butterfly emerge before my eyes, like the sun shining after a rain storm - everything had a rosy hue once again. Dinner got et (amid a flurry of compliments to the chef, I might add), pyjamas were put on without asking and bedtime went off without a hitch. All I can say is - I'm glad everyone's intestines are functioning up to par and the day is OVER.. I need a glass of wine now..


Some random photos this past month..

Kyra listens (or pretends to, I'm not sure) to a zoo phone.


The ever smiling Noelle in a rare crawling moment.